About the Job
AOA is looking for an enthusiastic and frontend-focused Principal Engineer to help build and provide technical direction for our growing engineering team.
The Principal Engineer’s responsibilities will include the architecting, scoping, and development of large-scale eCommerce projects built with React/Vue - working collaboratively with clients and internal AOA teams. She/he will evolve development processes, set coding standards, engage with technology partners, and mentor other engineers. This is an 80% development, 20% management role.
The ideal Principal Engineer for AOA will be able to collaborate with stakeholders of all levels, architect solutions, and interact with clients professionally and respectfully.
AOA is the performance-obsessed, renegade eCommerce partner that takes brands beyond best practices. We are continually reimagining performance through intuitive solutions, modern technology, and design. Goop, Something Navy, and Billboard are just some of our amazing clientele. Every employee has a direct, measurable impact on the success of the company with plenty of opportunities for career growth. We are looking for team members that not only love to create but thrive off of taking ownership and responsibility in the company’s success.
- Develop the highest-performing eCommerce sites using the most modern technologies
- Research and scope large-scale eCommerce projects
- Establish and evolve development processes and workflows
- Lead, mentor, and manage AOA engineers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including designers, brand strategists, project managers, and engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years experience with modern frontend libraries, frameworks, and technologies (React, Vue)
- Expert knowledge of current full-stack website technologies, standards, and UI design
- Proven success architecting, scoping, and delivering enterprise eCommerce solutions
- Proven success in owning and evolving Agile development processes
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and set priorities
- Strong sense of ownership
- Experience with platform-based eCommerce solutions - Shopify Plus, Bigcommerce
- Experience in the AWS ecosystem - Lambda, Gateway API, DynamoDB
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- New Laptop (MBP)
- Paid Gym Membership
- Free Parking
- Casual Company Culture & Dress Policy
- Professional Development Training/Certification Reimbursement
- Unlimited Coffee
- Must be available during normal business hours Monday-Friday.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer
Please, no recruiters and/or offshore resourcing firms.